Chiba University 千葉大学
- Chiba, Japan 千葉県
Chiba University has two primary undergraduate exchange programs: a Liberal Arts program and a Japanese Studies program. Some undergraduate courses are taught in English, and some in a mixture of English and Japanese; and the university requires an online Japanese language course be taken if a student has not taken a requisite amount of hours of language courses before their study abroad period. This makes Chiba University an excellent choice if you are looking for an immersive experience but are not an advanced Japanese language student yet. Chiba University also has researcher exchange programs.
In addition, don’t be fooled by the name “Liberal Arts program” — this program is not solely for humanities students! It is for science students and engineering students as well!
Chiba Prefecture is close to the ocean, and is known for its beautiful fields and groves of spring flowers. All of Chiba University’s campuses are within 1 hour of Tokyo Station, making it easy to take day trips into the city. At the same time, because they are near but not within Tokyo, students will get a chance to see Japan’s more traditional side as well.
COURSES & fees
入学金 Matriculation Fee: ¥282,000
学費 Tuition: ¥535,800 per year
Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Fostering Global Citizens
- Primary School Education
- Junior High School Education
- Special Support Education for Children
- Early Childhood Education
- School Health Nursing (Yogo) Education
- Sports Sciences
- Lifelong Education
- Urban Environment System
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical System Engineering
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Applied Chemistry and Biotechnology
- Image Sciences
- Informatics and Imaging Systems
Laws, Politics, and Economics
- Law, Politics, and Economics
- Behavioral Sciences
- Japanese Studies
- International Languages and Cultures
- Applied Biological Chemistry
- Environmental Science and Landscape Architecture
- Food and Resource Economics
- Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Mathematics and Informatics
- Earth Sciences
- EJU Result
- Japanese as a foreign language.
- Japan and the World
- TOEFL Result
- Entrance Examination
- Written examination or practical examination
- Foreign language
In addition to matriculation fee and tuition fee, average living expenses including accommodation, foods, entertainment, phone bill, and study materials are approximately ¥90,000 per month.
International students are allowed to work up to 28 hours per week only. According to the recent survey, the minimum wage is ¥868 per hour in Chiba Prefecture.
Nishi-Chiba Campus, 1-33, Yayoi-cho Inage-ku, Chiba-shi, Chiba, 263-8522, Japan
Inohana Campus, 1-8-1, Inohana, Chuo-ku, Chiba, 263-8522, Japan
Matsudo Campus, 648 Matsudo, Matsudo-shi, Chiba, 263-8522, Japan
Kashiwanoha Campus, 6-2-1 Kashiwanoha, Kashiwa-shi, China, 263-8522, Japan