Yokohama National University 横浜国立大学
- Kanagawa, Japan 神奈川県
Yokohama National University (YNU) offers one undergraduate program taught entirely in English, and a variety of Masters and Doctoral programs taught in English. While in these programs, students may have the opportunity to study the Japanese language.
YNU also offers two options for students who have experience with the Japanese language and wish to take courses in Japanese: If their Japanese is at JLPT N2 level, they will study Japanese for their first year and then move on to their areas of specialization. If their Japanese is at N1 level, they do not have to spend their first year on language and culture studies. This interesting system allows upper-intermediate as well as advanced students of the Japanese language to hone their language skills truly.
Yokohama is located relatively close to Tokyo and Mt. Fuji, and only a few hours by bullet train from Kyoto and Osaka. Yokohama is also the second largest city in Japan, and has a uniquely fascinating history in its own right; being one of the first areas to have experienced foreign trade after Japan ended its Isolation Period. It is known particularly for its Chinatown, its preserved historical buildings, and its gardens.
COURSES & FEEs
入学金 Matriculation Fee: ¥282,000
学費 Tuition: ¥535,800 per year
- Bachelor of Education
Economics and Business Administration
- Business Administration
- Mechanical Engineering
- Materials Science
- Ocean Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Life Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Computer Science
- Urban and Social Collaboration (Bachelor of Arts)
- Architecture and Building Science (Bachelor of Engineering)
- Civil Engineering (Bachelor of Engineering)
- Rish Management and Environment Science (Bachelor of Environmental Science)
- EJU Result
- Japanese as a foreign language.
- Japan and the World
- Any of the qualifications in Year 12
- International Baccalaureate qualification awarded by the International Baccalaureate Organization under the Swiss Civil Code.
- Abitur recognized by the Federal Republic of Germany.
- Baccalaureat recognized by the Republic of France.
- General Certificate of Education of Advanced Level (GCE Advanced Level) [must have passed 3 or more subjects and have obtained grade ‘E’ or above on the subjects.] recognized by the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
- TOEFL or TOEIC or IELTS Result
- Entrance Examination
- Written examination or practical examination
- Personal Interview or group interview
In addition to matriculation fee and tuition fee, average living expenses including accommodation, foods, entertainment, phone bill, and study materials are approximately ¥100,000 per month.
International students are allowed to work up to 28 hours per week only. According to the recent survey, the minimum wage is ¥956 per hour in Kanagawa Prefecture.
79 – 1 Tokiwadai, Hodogaya Ward, Yokohama, Kanagawa, 240-8501, Japan